Environmental Challenge Confronted:
Reducing Carbon Intensity in Air Transportation
Continuous reduction in the following metrics:
• Aviation gallons burned per 100 available ton miles
• CO2 pounds emitted per available ton mile (CO2/ATM) for both statute and nautical miles
Best Practice Undertaken:
The following are some of our best practices employed to reduce CO2 emissions:
- Retrofitting existing aircraft to make them more fuel efficient. Added Winglets to our 767 fleet boosting aerodynamic efficiency.
- Optimizing our flight paths.
- Lowering flight speeds.
- Reduce discretionary fuel by planning flight arrivals more precisely.
- Using technology to increase precisions of departures, arrivals, and taxi times.
- Reduced aircraft engines during taxi reduces fuel consumption.
- Washing our aircraft engines increases fuel efficiency.
For further information regarding this company's program, please contact Jeff Wafford, UPS, email@example.com
View All Best Practices Program Winners