More Air Cargo Leaders Join TIACA's Board of Directors
Four more leading air cargo industry executives have been elected onto the Board of Directors of The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA).
- Oliver Evans, Chief Cargo Officer of Swiss International Airlines has been elected as Vice Chairman of TIACA. He has accountability for the cargo and mail business of Swiss WorldCargo and is a member of the Extended Management Group of Swiss International Air Lines and a member of the Group Executive Committee of Lufthansa Cargo Group. He previously worked for BAX Global and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
- Neel Shah, Senior Vice President and Chief Cargo Officer, Delta Air Lines, leads approximately 1,800 employees worldwide and oversees a $1 billion freight and mail business. Neel joined Delta in January 2008 with the task of building a world class cargo business and has led the division to significantly improved revenue and profitability performance. He led the integration of two different cargo organizations when Delta announced its acquisition of Northwest Airlines. Before joining Delta, Neel served as VP Sales and Marketing for United Airlines Cargo. He also sits on the SkyTeam Cargo Executive Board, the Air Transport Association’s Executive Council and the Board of Cargo 2000.
- Vladimir Zubkov is Vice-President of Volga-Dnepr Group of Companies, responsible for relations with international organizations, governments and partners. Before joining Volga-Dnepr, he spent over 20 years with ICAO Air Transport Bureau, responsible for the development of economic policies, facilitation, regulatory and institutional issues and, later, as Director, Planning and Global Coordination. In 2010, he was honored as one of the Top 1,000 Russian managers.
- Jason Foote, VP International Air & Charter Operations, UPS Airlines, oversees the coordination of all non-US network activities for UPS Airlines, chartered aircraft and common carriage lift. His role also includes the responsibilities of air charter sales and operations, and asset utilization. In his 21-year career with UPS, he has garnered a wealth of experience in various areas of the world’s largest package delivery company, including Industrial Engineering and a stint with UPS’s corporate office in Atlanta, supporting the largest global customer accounts in the Strategic Accounts group.
The TIACA Board of Directors also comprises:
- Issa Baluch, Air Cargo Trader
- James R. Edgar, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Andre Johnson, FreightScan
- Chris Leach, Air Charter Service
- James Min, DHL Express
- Enno Osinga, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Steve Prince, Air Cargo World
- Sarah Prosser, FedEx Express
- Shahari Sulaiman, MASkargo
Michael Steen, Chairman of TIACA, commented: “We are naturally delighted to have a Board with such great expertise, experience, talent and contacts to help us continually grow and develop our Association. Oliver, Neel, Vladimir and Jason are valuable additions to an already-strong team. At a time when our industry faces so many challenges, it is more important than ever that all air cargo leaders consider what they have to offer to our vital industry. I hope that those whose companies are yet to become part of TIACA will now recognize that the time has come to join.”